Yes, I am serious.
When that happened I have no idea.
We spent the day at a softball tournament. It wasn't our typical day together celebrating her special day but we have big plans for later this month!
In honor of her 16th birthday, here are 16 facts about this fabulous girl.
1. She is by far, the coolest girl I know!
2. Her style is a mix of vintage, eclectic and old hollywood.
3. She has a thrift inspired style.
4. Her car's name is Louie.
5. Louie is a 1965 Jeep Wagoneer.
6. Softball continues to be her passion.
7. We discovered recently she does not do well with needles, can't imagine where she got that from.
8. Her favorite food continues to be pancakes.
9. She loves high wasted, 80's jeans! Why did people not take these things to the landfill?
10. She spends more time on Pinterest than homework.
11. Her room...well, she know's what I'm thinking.
12. She has an impressive collection of MAC and can do my make-up better than I.
13. She is a patient and loving big sister.
14. If I were to imagine a better, kinder and more free version of myself, it would be her.
15. Someday I hope she'll like a movie more than Social Network, though Ferris Bueller's Day off and Breakfast at Tiffany's will remain at the top of the all time fav's.
16. She can talk in circles that just makes me smile.
McKenzie you are the most inspiring, compassionate and beautiful young woman I know. You are the reason I want to do better everyday. I love that you want to spend time with me and cannot imagine a better day than one spent with you.
Happy Sweet 16!
I love you.